- October 1, 1959 the Television series “The Twilight Zone” premiered. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HijHxR1m5XU
- October 2, 1950 the Peanuts comic strip by Charles Schulz first appeared in newspapers.
- October 5, 1921 The World Series was broadcast on radio for the first time.
- October 8, 1918 – World War I, the Argonne Forest in France, U.S. Sergeant Alvin C. York single-handedly took out a German machine-gun battalion, killing over a dozen and capturing 132. He was later awarded the Medal of Honor and the French Croix de Guerre.
- October 13, 1775 The U.S. Continental Navy was created.
- October 17,1931 Mobster Al Capone was convicted of income tax evasion.
- October 24, 1901 Anna Edison Taylor is the first person to survive going over Niagara Falls in a barrel.
- October 26, 1881 The “Gunfight at the OK Corral” occurs. http://news.discovery.com/human/what-happened-at-the-ok-corral-121026.htm
Of all different things that October is the month of, I found that it is also National Popcorn Poppin’ Month. The link below will celebrate October with a pop.
National Popcorn Poppin’ Month:
The original popcorn song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBYjZTdrJlA
“We all have our time machines, don’t we. Those that take us back are memories…And those that carry us forward, are dreams.”
H.G. Wells (1866 – 1946)