One of the problems with backyard chickens (aside from ridiculous laws) is how to coop them. Coops are night time living quarters for poultry. They serve as shelter from the weather, protection from predators and a place to lay eggs. Sounds simple enough until you try to buy one. They are available but most are obnoxiously expensive. Wells Brothers has been searching for years (literally) for user friendly and affordable urban chicken coops. I think we have found it. It’s called the “Cape Cod” and is made by Precision Pet. Cost on this well thought out coop is $255.00.
- Two doors allow easy access to upper and lower areas
- Nesting box with roosting bar included
- Roomy interior space provides your animals plenty of room to exercise
- Removable pan for ease of cleaning
- Easy to assemble
- Easily connect additional pens for a larger living space (sold separately)
- Houses up to 2-3 adult chickens. *Number of chickens accommodated will vary based on size and breed of chickens