The onions sets are here along with some of the Cole crop starter plants. The potatoes should be here by the end of the January and the 2014 garden seeds should also make an appearance about that time. I will post their arrival on Facebook and on our new electronic sign.
Yes, I know it is still January but spring planting time will be here before you know it. Now is the time to get your garden plan in working order. Below are a few questions you should be asking yourself:
- What are you going to plant?
- What if that variety of plant is not available this year?
- Where are you going to plant it?
- What is your crop rotation plan is?
- How many square feet is my garden?
- Are the beans going to shade the peppers?
- What will be our water situation this year?
- What fertilizer would be best for the crops you are planting?
- How will you combat insect and urban wildlife?
- Can you keep tomatoes under $10.00 each?
These are a few of the questions you should consider as you build out and work your garden plan.
Check out this article from the Texas AgriLife Extension office on on easy gardening for cole crops.